The safety of our students and staff is our priority.
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease. According to current research it is spread through aerosols and droplets. It is less likely to be spread simply through touch. As such, masks will be MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES. We have additionally purchased high-powered air cleaners to cycle all of the air in the building every 30 minutes.
NJ is permitting Martial Arts Schools to resume classes at 25% capacity with contact-based classes. Brazen Martial Arts will resume in person classes on Monday, November 9th for all age groups.
- You do not need to reserve a spot in class at this time. We will monitor class sizes and if we are nearing the maximum capacity permitted under the current guidelines we will expand the schedule.
- For our youngest age group (4-8 year olds), one spectator is permitted to be in the building. If the class size is small we may permit additional spectators as capacity allows.
- For 9-13 year olds no spectators will be permitted. If class sizes are small we may permit spectators to enter as capacity allows.
- For adult classes no spectators will be permitted. The only exception to this rule is that small children who need to be watched while a parent/guardian takes class are always permitted entry.
- Each student must fill out a COVID-19 waiver prior to his/her first class.
- Students must arrive 10 minutes before the start of their class in order to answer a few health-related questions before EVERY class and have their temperature checked. We reserve the right to deny you entry.
- Classes will be low intensity and heavily focused on technique to ensure that everyone is comfortable in their masks.
- Students will spread out while techniques are demonstrated.
- Students will work with a partner.
- If you are uncomfortable working with a partner we will have grappling dummies and heavy bags available for use.
- Students may briefly remove their facemasks while spread out to drink water/stay hydrated.
- There will be live training (wrestling/sparring) for those interested in participating. Masks will still be required during live training.
- Classes will be separated by 15 minutes to ensure adequate cleaning can be performed and the next class can be checked in.
- We will run air cleaners to cycle the air in the building every 30 minutes for additional safety.
- The mats and matted walls are deep-cleaned/pre-cleaned with Simple Green. This is not a disinfectant. It is used to keep the physical surface clean so that actual disinfectant can do its job. This is done every weekend.
- The mats, matted walls, the bathroom floor, and the rubber mats between the actual mats and carpet are disinfected with Kennedy KenClean Plus Athletic Surface Disinfectant Cleaner, EPA Registration: 10324-154-67297 before every class.
- High touch surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, the cubbies, all of the equipment used for processing check-ins (clipboards, pens, etc.), the bathroom are cleaned/disinfected with IN-CIDE disinfectant, EPA Registration: 10324-85-9367, or Clorox Clean Up Cleaner+ Bleach, EPA Registration: 5813-21 before every class.